Wednesday, October 02, 2013

On the Road to TRUTH



I feel excitement and uncertainty today as we pack up our few belongings and travel-prep the motorhome. The end of one chapter means the start of another, with the potential for much discovery and wonder. We are departing from Northern Alberta headed for the West Coast, where we will leave our cozy home on wheels to make a loop around the USA by car (providing the USA doesn't self-destruct before then, with this silly government chaos).  We are both gypsies at heart and we are always seeking more meaning and more truth in everyday life, regardless of where we are on the globe. 


Ultimately, this search is internal. No one else can show us the right way. No one else can complete the journey of life for us. We need to do this for ourselves. I remember the exact room I was standing in when I made this realization for myself in my mid-20's. I remember thinking that I had received a major key to the mysteries of life that day. I am so grateful. These keys aren't necessarily easy to grasp, but they sure are blessings if you 
string them all on a necklace and wear them everyday. I'm on the hunt for other keys that may help me to solve more of my own mysteries. 


One of the bittersweet challenges in life is leaving the amazing people behind along each leg of the journey. I have been touched by the open hearts and the longing for truth in so many whom I have crossed paths with in my 31 years. I often ponder how I can somehow bring the energy and essence of each of them with me along the heart trail. I find that photos and storytelling are good ways to keep the memories alive. Of course, with social media, everyone is only a "Like" away. I think we all leave behind pieces of ourselves and take snippets of others along with us on the journey, planting seeds of change in all of us. 


A couple of years ago, I realized that part of my life's purpose is to help others find their truths and remind people that we are all the same in spirit and in heart, in spite of our outward differences. For me, life is about encouraging people to speak their truths and to know that they aren't alone in how they think or feel. Over the next month (and maybe beyond that) we will be working on two new projects. One is about being positive and being connected with the greater global community, connecting with strangers and spreading good vibes. More to come...


The second is an idea that has been brewing in me over several months, and it will involve collecting voices on the topic of GMOs. That's all I will say for now. Oh boy!!! Can't wait to start on those...but right now, we must focus on the road ahead of us. Snow is looming in the mountain passes and the motorhome is a dry-road hog so we can't waste any time....



No comments:

Post a Comment