Sunday, April 10, 2016

I Call It My Life.


Yep. This is a real place on this island. It was magical. 

I was walking through the magical forests of Vancouver Island yesterday and was telling a new friend that I write a blog. (That's her in the photo above.) Then I realized I haven't been writing as often as I would prefer to. Writing was flowing out of me weekly for a couple of years. Now it's more like monthly, at best. She asked why I started a blog. I didn't even have to think of an answer and I blurted out, "to hang on to my sanity." She smiled and nodded. It really has been an incredible tool that has allowed me to look back upon the days and weeks that pass me by and to dissect the challenges that I have faced, to fully appreciate the magic that I have experienced and to express my gratitude for life. 


Now this: My personal observation of the first quarter of 2016 is that collectively, humanity is feeling extremely shaken up. As if we are little specs, all living in a huge snow globe that gets flipped over 20 times a day on a gift shop shelf. Just when the snow settles...whoa! The big hand comes and stirs things up all over again. 

What can we each do to remain balanced during this seemingly chaotic period in our world? First of all, balance won't happen for you by accident. You will have to make a very solid, conscious effort to stay balanced. Try to spend time quietly in nature. Breathe in what the tress are offering us. Lie on the grass. It's that time of year again where the grass is becoming lush and inviting. Remind yourself that you are a spec lying on a pile of tiny plants on the surface of a humongous mass of matter and not floating off into infinite outer space, thanks to something we call gravity. We are each a drop in the ocean. It's kinda magical really.

Sing. Hum. Listen to the birds so full of joy. Why are they so happy? They're livin' and lovin' each moment, that's why. 

Pick spring flowers. Or just appreciate them where they grow and thank them for exciting your eyeballs and nose. Play your favorite music. Talk to a friend. Then listen to that friend. Allow yourself to receive love in whatever form it shows up in. Then give some of it away again without attachments. More will come back to you.  It's an infinite resource. When in doubt, remind yourself that what you perceive as the end of your world really isn't that bad. Someone, somewhere has outdone you in that department. They have it worse. What's the worst thing that can happen? Right, probably death is the worst case scenario for most of us. Then what? The magic of this swirling reality carries on without us when we transition into another form. Humans are not the be all and end all. Though we are lead to believe this. Sigh


So many people have recently expressed to us their sadness, struggle, desperation, loneliness, hopelessness, complacency and self-doubt, all seemingly resulting from the chaotic state of our world. These are all things that each human faces at some point in life. I know we don't like these feelings but as "they" say, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger...and more wise and more resilient. Hopefully we all learn something from diving deep into these feelings. Hold your breath, jump in and don't forget to come up for a breath here and there.

I also know, without a single bit of doubt, that it's time for humanity to join together in community with others who have experienced these challenges and who are ready to co-create a new reality for the coming months and years. No more of this "each human for themselves" nonsense. We are a family of 7 BILLION and growing and no human should deserve to get left behind. There clearly aren't enough material resources for this "single family" globalization disaster system to continue. Hello? Can others see this train wreck just around the bend?

This is one of the foundational concepts behind our sacred cacao ceremonies. Creating Community.  Sacred time and space together. What makes it sacred? To me, everything is sacred. No person or object is more special than another. In addition, at our gatherings, we choose a physical space that feels good and nurturing on all levels. It must please the 5 senses as well as hold a high vibrational feeling to our 6th sense and beyond. We use various tools and skills to clear the energetics of a space and cleanse the energy of each guest prior to partaking in ceremony. We do our best to create a sense of safety and inclusivity and are consistently amazed at the dynamic crowd that gathers each time. We are all the same at the core. We all want to feel like part of the web. We all need love. We all need healing. We all want to be heard and understood. We all need smiles and hugs to ignite and unite our spirits. Love is the energy that fuels our collective spiritual fire. 

Cacao ceremonies, for us, are a concentrated epicenter of love expansion and connection with ourselves, loved ones and strangers (who suddenly don't seem like strangers after ceremony). Last night a group of 23 humans became non-strangers at our ceremony. How awesome.

I honestly don't even know what the point of this blog post was today. It's just sort of typed itself. I'm just holding the space for the words to come out.

All I know is that I am in absolute awe of this bizarre and exciting experience that I'm having in every moment day after day. 
I call it my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment